Big River State Forest. April 29.

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

BZOOK

Re: Big River State Forest. April 29.

Post by BZOOK »

G'day Damo. One for me please and most likely 2 more. I'll confirm that early next week.
Brenton.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Hi Mike.....When will we see the other fourby(insert make/model here) on a club trip?
At this stage there is a spare seat available in mine but I will be going up Saturday and hopefully reserve some camping spots for others who wish to camp over.Your welcome to jump in if that suits you.I will be trevelling up from the Lilydale area and plan to leave mid to late a.m Saturday.If anyone else wants to travel up together let me know and we can meet up.
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

G'day Damo. Mark in his Prado, Kester in his troopy and me in my Sierra will be there mid afternoon. I'd really appreciate if you could secure sites for us. Thanks. Brenton.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Yeah absolutely will do,it sounds like we may arrive at a similar time. What area are you setting off from?
colnniko
Financial Member

Post by colnniko »

damo ,l assume the camp is in reids quarry rd off big river rd. colin :?:
Mike57
Financial Member

Post by Mike57 »

Hi Wayne. What is the planned route. If I met up at the meeting point on Sunday morning and left my car there will we be coming back that way? I don't want to take it on the trip when I know it has some rear axle bearing issues. At least no further than the RACV are prepared to go until it is fixed.

Hi Damien. Last time I took a land rover into that area I rolled it so my Discovery 4 is never going to see the High Country especially the slippery tracks around Eildon. The Disco is strictly set up for outback touring trips.

Mike
2009 Manual Jimny
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

Damo. Mark and Kester are coming from the city. I'm in Doreen. We spoke today about possibly meeting up in healsville. We will sort that out during the week and I'll update you.
Brenton.
Damo

Post by Damo »

Hi Brenton
That's fine keep me posted
Colin I'm not really sure as I don't know the area but will get a map today and let you know or others on here may be able to advise?
BZOOK

Post by BZOOK »

I believe Reids creek and Reid's quarry camp are the same. I don't know the area either though so I guess we'll find out when we get there. There are a number of different camp grounds.
https://www.campsight.com.au/catalogue/ ... ate-forest
luigi
Financial Member

Post by luigi »

Hi Fellas.
I have checked out Rieds Quarry Camp today. It looks like a good camp, it has a long drop and has been left clean by the last campers who used it.
But it looks like it gets a lot of use. If you can get there first it would be ideal. It is sign posted as Rieds Quarry Camp.
There are other good camps along the river. Stockmans Reward and Frenchmans Creek. But they are a few miles further on.
Across the road from Big River camp is Married Mens Camp. It could be worth a look too.
Mike, we will be coming back the same way. So you can leave your car at Big River Camp. No Problem.
Found some more beaut tracks today too. :D
Regards. Wayne. 0419539264