Rhino Rally and Club Xmas camp

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

cj!

Rhino Rally and Club Xmas camp

Post by cj! »

We will be running a fun navigational rally on Saturday 8th December to be followed by a camp overnight in the Tallarook State forest. This will be followed by a drive on the Sunday exploring some of the more entertaining tracks for those that wish to play. The camp will form the basis of the Club Xmas party. :mrgreen:

The Rhino Rally will be suitable for all to participate in and a GPS is not a requirement although it may handy at times if you have one. It will be suitable for standard vehicles as well as modified so there is no excuse. Bring the family and have a fun weekend. For those that can't make it all weekend, just come for part that suits as it is not far from town.

Details of how the navigation will based will follow in time for you to get a grasp of the skill (not much) required.
christover1
Financial Member

Re: Rhino Rally and Club Xmas camp

Post by christover1 »

I'll enter the trailerer section of comp :mrgreen:
That means I need to have it going by then, or look silly :roll:
christover
ZOOKS RULE DA BUSH
cj!

Post by cj! »

mugginsmoo wrote:chris, i'll be happy to lend a hand, with running of the event.

my guess is that i'll be without a car, just too much too do, and not enough time :evil:

mitch
Thanks Mitch. i think I might be taking up your offer as this will be a first for me. A recce will need to be done after Cup weekend when all the tracks in there have opened so that the course can be planned and the nav maps can be drawn up.
sporterwagen

Post by sporterwagen »

that sounds like fun cj, in our diary

S
mightymouse
Location: Beginning to wish I didn't have to get under the Feroza.....

Post by mightymouse »

Happy to give a hand setting up / running it or whatever.
cj!

Post by cj! »

As mentioned at the meeting, the Rally has been postponed till some time in the New Year. This year the Annual Club Xmas Camp will be based in the Lerderderg State Park/Wombat State Forest area approximately 90kms west from Melbourne. Our aim is to set up camp beside the river at the O'Briens Crossing Camp Ground in the Lerderderg State Park on the Saturday morning and then go for for a drive through the forest. If the camp area is full we will head to and set up camp at the Firth Park Camp Ground in the Wombat State Forest. There are toilet facilities and fireplaces are at both camp grounds.

To get to O'Briens Crossing take the Western Freeway then get off and head to Greendale and Blackwood. Heading North on the Greendale – Trentham Road turn right at O'Briens Rd (dirt road) and follow it to for about 3kms to O'Briens Crossing. It is suitable for 2wd's. If by any chance the O'Briens Crossing Camp is full we will go to the Firth Park Camp. Just continue along O'Briens road to the end then turn left (north) and follow Blue Gum Track until it reaches Firth Road then turn left and follow Firth Road (to the north) until you come to the entrance to Firth Park Camp on your right.

Since the meeting It now sounds like there are going to be a few heading up on Friday night to secure the camp site. We are now looking at running two drives on the Saturday, one being fairly easy and the other being a medium with maybe a bit of hard depending on conditions. So please try and be at O'Briens Crossing by 9am on Saturday morning.
Belly

Post by Belly »

Deb And I will be there...maybe kids too.... just not sure if they are interested in camping again just yet....oh yeah hope it doesnt rain if we are near the river.....
Belly
watty

Post by watty »

My wife [Robyn] and I are planning to spend the saterday with you all on our way back from SA. Hopefully we'll catch with some of you on the Friday night. Kerry
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

Is it possible to only go for the day (Saturday). I have other commitments Sunday.
robsjimny
Financial Member

Post by robsjimny »

I will be heading up after work on saturday. As my partner has family there and we are looking at land we many not camp lots to do etc. But will drive some tracks on Sunday.

Rob