Mt Skene snow trip - Friday 6th to Sunday 8th August

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

cj!

Re: Mt Skene snow trip - Friday 6th to Sunday 8th August

Post by cj! »

I was looking at the Friday night in the snow but as I would not be able to leave Melbourne until noon at the very earliest I am now looking at Saturday night unless anybody else would be doing a late run up the hill on the Friday.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Put my name down from thursday onwards.
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

@cj! I will be heading up on Friday, and am quite happy to leave at lunch time if it means we will have a convoy.
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

Looking at replacing my regular Coolant with glycol/antifreeze and thought I would check if anyone wanted to split the cost of a drum? Should be cheaper per L this way. I will check it out on the weekend if anyone is interested.
cj!

Post by cj! »

I have spoken with FWDV to clarify a couple of things.

There is no fee for the permit :D

If you are found on the road without the appropriate permit it WILL cost you $185 per vehicle and it doesn't matter which route you took to get there. They have been handing out fines.

Permits are required between 15 June and 28 October.

As they require names, vehicle types and vehicle regos on the application if you are thinking about going but are not 100% sure put your name down anyway as once the application is made no additional people can be added. The application needs to sent at least 7 days prior to the trip.

There is a maximum of 10 vehicles per permit.

Prospective members can go on the trip if they pay a fee which we forward along with the paperwork to FWDV to deal with insurance issues.

It looks like we will need to do more than one application as each group travelling up will need a permit i.e. those going up on Friday morning would be on one and those going up later would be on another, etc. This means we will need to know who is planning to go up and down on which days.

You will not be issued with a permit unless there are at least two vehicles travelling together.
mud_muncher

Post by mud_muncher »

Put me down please for the 2 nights!
neofitou

Post by neofitou »

Can somone that has been on one of these trips previously please put up thier hand to run it now that Steve can't?
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

cj will run it...he's a champ! :mrgreen:
mika
Financial Member

Post by mika »

will we need to carry extra fuel?
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

this trip thread has been a quiet, a little too quiet.....

There's not much snow around at the moment and rain forecasted for the near future. I'm going to put it out there that since Steve isn't running it I think we postphone for 12 months. I really don't have the time to be organising things like this trip. If anyone else is interested to run it then great. I'll be keen if there is snow. otherwise it'll be a fair waste of fuel and we could probably go drive walhalla or neerim and have some decent fun on half the fuel budget on the same weekend.

just putting it out there.....